Sunday, July 18, 2010

Say Goodnight not Goodbye






It's always sad to see great friends leave. This past weekend Lee and I spent time, probably the last time, with two people who have not only become great friends but also have become family to me as well. My co-worker Brittany and her husband Mark have provided me continuous support, love, and guidance during my time in Korea. It seemed only fitting to spend our last time together on Camp Casey, a U.S. army base located close to the DMZ, seeing as how both would be returning to the US by mid-August. Camp Casey was a great choice especially since I had started to feel a bit homesick as well. I had started to miss the US in general....everything, even the little things.




Despite the fact that it was raining cats and dogs, all of us enjoyed a day of touring the base, eating great American food, bowling, and ending the evening with a game of spades. I couldn't have felt more at home. As much as I was enjoying the day, many memories flashed in and out of my head all day... the day I first met Brittany, the day she and I first met her would-be husband Mark, and all the trips filled with insanity and laughter. It's as though a chapter of my life is ending and yet another will start as soon as they leave. I've never been good with people leaving, and this parting seems to be hitting me a bit harder than the rest. I know that it's not goodbye forever and that I will see them again someday soon. I can't say that I won't miss them though. Who'll share my chococorn craving or help me pick apart the male brain? I'm grateful though to have had the chance to meet and have two such beautiful and amazing people in my life.
So it's goodbye for now...but we'll see each other soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment